Loading. Please wait...
search

2014 FIFA WORLD CUP | ARGENTINA VS IRAN


FIFA WORLD CUP | ARGENTINA VS IRAN | JUNE 21 2014 | Belo Horizonte | In a match where Iran dominates defensively holding Argentina team scoreless for 90 minutes, it was Lionel Messi Argentina national hero to the rescue. Argentina has played poorly so far in a weak Group F, in the first match against Bosnia, the team got its first goal off a set piece free kick from Messi that bounce off a Bosnia player into the goal, Bosnia responded scoring and tied the game up at one a piece. Argentina looks terrible throughout the hold game, it was Messi left foot that save them given them a 2 – 1 win over Bosnia. Iran on the other hand came into this game with nothing to lose, and haven’t given up a goal so far in the World Cup, playing Nigeria to a tie 0 – 0 in a game that Nigeria, the African Champions was supposed to win, Iran played amazing, play like a team with nothing to lose, and that was the mentally they bring to this game versus Argentina.

Argentina controlled 70% of the ball possession with more than 500 pass completed, they took 19 shots 9 only on target. Iran on the other hand with only 30% ball possession was able to get off 8 total shots with just about 4 on target get and less than 140 competed passes. That told you how much of a defensive minded game Iran played, at one point in the game Iran had all 11-Players defending against Argentina, who couldn’t get any shot through those brick walls, every shot was block at some point by a Iran defenders. Iran was very physical committing 14 of 22 fouls with 2 yellow cards.

BY THE NUMBERS

ARGENTINA  

IRAN

80 DANGEROUS ATTACKS

20

19 TOTAL ATTEMPTS

8

17 DELIVERIES IN PENALTY AREA

5

8 CLEARANCES

29

510 PASSES COMPLETED

136

9 ON-TARGET SHOTS

4

1 GOAL

0

4 BLOCKED

1

4 SAVES

3

10 OFF-TARGET

4

0 WOODWORK

0

However and what the World Cup has showed us so far is that you can’t win playing only defense this, isn’t the NBA or the NFL this is the World Cup, the best guys each country has to offer is on the field and on the sidelines ready to step-in, Iran tho didn’t not have that big name player and even those they haven’t gave up a goal until this match they haven’t’ scored as well, and they didn’t have Lionel Messi left foot, Argentina did and for the first 90 minutes contained that left foot, but in the first minutes of extra time Argentina number 10 went to that left one last time and this time it was the goalden chance striking from out side the box straight pass Iran goal keeper, straight into the back of the net, given Argentina another win, saving them possible of been trash by the media, and that trash would have gone straight to Messi not the Argentina team. Same way it has been for Ronaldo and Portugal.

MATCH DETAILS

 [office src=”https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=2330382C7E049094&resid=2330382C7E049094%21378&authkey=AGHrBzoQMMjnCOg&em=2″ width=”900″ height=”2000″]

GALLERIA HIGH DEFINITION GALLERY

Advertisements

Share it on your social network:

Or you can just copy and share this url
Related Posts