SMADE Today | MORNING HEADLINES | Friday August 8th
- FAA has restrict all American air carriers from flying over Iraq, due to the crisis in Iraq, this morning the US Military drop laser bomb on targeted ISIS areas in Iraq.
- Cleveland Cavaliers has successfully traded Their last 2 years number one pick Andrew Wiggins, Bennett and a future first round pick to Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love.
- Etihad Airways will officially buy 5 Heathrow slots from Alitalia for more than 60 million Euros. Etihad will then lease the slots back to Alitalia. Etihad does own a small piece of the Italian flag carrier.
- Malaysia Airlines has run into some financial trouble and Khazanah Nasional has decided to privatize the Airline. Flightglobal release an article regarding the matter it reads.” In a statement on Bursa Malaysia, Khazanah says it will buy out publicly held shares of the carrier at a slight premium to their current market value. The deal will see Khazanah, which now holds 69.4% of the carrier, pay about MYR1.4 billion ($435 million) for the 30% of MAS held in other hands, making it the sole shareholder.” The airlines future plans will be unveiled later on this year.
- Cadillac will unveiled their flagship big luxury sedan at next year New York International Auto Show, which usually is between the month of March and April.
- Southwest Airlines voted the worst US airlines when it comes to Mishandling of luggage.
- 18 thousand VW Routan mini vans are being recalled over ignition switch problem. It’s the latest vehicle to be added to the list of recalled vehicle for ignition problems.
- Emirates Airlines completes it’s inaugural service into Chicago O’Hare airport this past week. EK 235 and EK 236 became Emirates 7th US destination the service is begin operated by a Boeing 777-200LR aircraft. One of the longest flying aircraft in the world, EK 235 is more than 16hrs long while EK 236 is just over 14hrs.
- China Southern Airlines completes it’s inaugural service to New York JFK this past week on Aug 6th. The service marks a millstone for China Southern, JFK is the first Northeastern Destination for the airline and the longest flight they currently offer. The service also connect Guangzhou city with New York. The inaugural flight landed early Wednesday morning with China Southern top officials on bored for the welcoming ceremony at terminal 4. The service will be operated 4 times a week and is being operated by the airline fleet of brand new Boeing 777-300ER.
- A Google street view Vehicle ends up going the wrong way on a One-Way street and end up crashing into a park vehicle. The accident happen on Tyler Street in Little Rock, Arkansas . The driver of a the Google Street View car in the crashed into another vehicle while making a U-turn, the vehicle hit another vehicle on an adjacent street. The owner of that vehicle claims that the vehicle came out of nowhere and the Google driver also ran a red light; then ran into the side of his car, and the he quoted the Google driver as saying “basically said he was sorry and that he was gonna lose his job.”The driver and owner of the other vehicle says, he suffered whiplash and may miss a few weeks of work. he also stated: “Something better come out of Google’s pocket for this,”